A woman's place is in her union
Women have always had an important role in the union movement, organising together to improve our working lives. While we have come a long way, there is still more campaigning needed and change to be made.
By getting involved with our network you can:
- Connect - You will meet like-mind union women from all across the SA Public Sector
- Develop new skills - by attending our events and training, there will be opportunities to build your advocacy skills and expand your knowledge of gendered issues in the workplace.
- Make an impact - Your participation will help ensure that there is a gendered lens on our union campaigns, advocacy and lobbying.
Date: Friday 8 March 2024
Location: PSA, 122 Pirie Street Adelaide
Come along to meet women working all across the SA Public Sector! We'll be discussing issues impacting women in the public sector and how we can promote gender equality in the workplace.
Spaces are limited, this event is free for members to attend but registration is essential for catering purposes. Registrations close Friday 1 March 2024 or when available places are filled.
SAVE THE DATE!: International Working Women's Day March 2024
RSVP TO MARCH WITH THE PSA
Members, we encourage you to come along to the 2024 International Working Women's Day March in Adelaide. Bring your friends, family and workmates, and join the PSA to march together.
Further details availible on the IWD SA Facebook page, you can follow their page on Facebook here.
Date: Friday, 8 March 2024
Time: Gathering at 5:00pm for a 5:30pm start.
Location: Starting at Tarntanyangga / Victoria Square, Adelaide CBD, finishing at Mukata / Hindmarsh Square, Adelaide CBD.
The PSA contingent will be carrying green PSA flags and we'll have limited edition IWWD badges for you on the day.
PSA Women's Conference
The Public Service Association hosts our PSA Women's Conference annually.
Our most recent conference was held in October 2023, key highlights from the conference were:
- Attendees heard from Fair Work Commissioner and longtime industrial lawyer Emma Thornton, who spoke about sexual harassment in the workplace.
- A presentation on how to make the most out of your superannuation from SuperSA.
- A panel discussion on trending issues that are impacting women in the workplace, and what the future holds for women featuring speakers
- Natalie Wade, Founder of Equality Lawyers
- Cassandra Schumacher, SA Unions
- Sara, PSA Industrial Team Leader
You can read more about our 2023 Women's Conference in the December 2023 edition of the PSA review
Help spread the word!
With PSA membership you know you're protected at work and have access to a huge range of member benefits. We strive for a South Australian public sector in which staff are highly valued and well resourced, with fair and secure working conditions.